Saturday, July 30, 2011

Changes In Myself Over The Years

So This is going to be about My Journey & Battle With Weight.
Not many of you may know this but I am not always the happy smiley girl and I have had to deal 
with my own weight demons in my life growing up. 
Here is My Story:

My name is Jessica & I’m currently 22 years old. 
I have always dealt with weight problems since I was a child. 
The last time I can remember I was skinny was when I was around the age of 6 years old. I was raised by my grandparents when I was born till I was around the age of two. I grew really close to them as a child and till this day I have a very close bond with them. My parents haven’t really been your typical mother and father. My father was always in trouble with the law and was in jail because he was a drug addict and an alcoholic. My mother was a trouble maker as a kid and dropped out of high school, she was also a drug addict and she loved to drink. My mother was forced to go to a woman’s rehab center in order to get her daughters back. After having her three daughters she decided to continue with the life style she was living.
As a child I would always say I was adopted because I did not like the home situation I was living. My older sister was playing the role of mine and my younger sister’s mom for years. My parents divorced when I was in middle school because my mom wasn’t going to put up with the way my father was. All I wanted as a kid was to have loving parents and have them go on field trips, back to school nights and stuff like that but not my parents instead they loved going out late and keeping us with them in the streets late at night. I started gaining weight when I was in the fifth grade. Kids would always make fun of me and call me names like fatty, tubby, fat girl. As I grew up the name calling got worse and the names just kept coming. When I went into high school I was so scared because I knew it was going to be hell and kids where going to make fun of me and call me horrible names. At that point in my life food became comfort to me and didn’t talk back or make fun of me. I tried at that point to move in with my grandparents because I could not take my living situation anymore and well that didn’t go as planned at all because  my mom ended up dragging me out of my grandma’s house and drove away and beat me in the car. After that she moved us into a hotel room from which I lived for 6months. My mom got back with my dad and at that time she was feeding his drug habits and catering to him and his needs instead of me and my sisters. The six months I was in that hotel room all there was to eat was junk food, snacks, candy, and soda. So for six months that became my life I was living. I am so shamed to this day to admit to it because I let myself go downhill at that point and I honestly didn’t care anymore I told myself I was going to die and no one would miss me one bit at least my parents wouldn’t. All I wanted was someone to tell me I love you and we are going to fight this battle. After six months I was tired of that and moved in with my grandparents, I graduated high school and that brings me to where I’m at today. I enrolled in college but when I went I expected it to be different from high school but it wasn’t. 
I have now been losing weight & there is such a big difference from where I used to be till now. I may not be skinny but I am not the big big girl anymore I'm just the curvy girl who continues to lose weight. I will NOT GIVE UP EVER that is a promise I made about a year ago & whether or not people judge me that's fine its there opinion on if they do so or not. I have been judged by friends & even family but if anything its made me so much stronger. I did learn a few things though If someone is going to Love you they will Love you No Matter what whether your skinny or big, tall or even short. When it comes to loving someone it should Never be about there outward appearance It should be about who they are Inside look past there outward image and look deep in there soul gaze in there eyes & see the passion & love & fight they have inside them. Never judge someone because I am sure you have been judged & did not like it one bit. What I'm trying to say is I'm not perfect not in one bit but I love myself & I am not the type to judge someone because I love so many amazing people. I am continuing to lose weight not for anyone but for myself.
I am Happy & I have learned that gives me a new drive & push.
I am now going to be posting some photos from past to present 
Please no harsh or negative comments Because I Have Lost
A Good Amount Of Weight I used to be a BIG girl now 
Im Losing the otherhalf & I am Curvy!!




Thank You Love Always,
Jessica Marie Olmedo




1 comment:

Tawny said...

You are always BEAUTIFUL no matter what your weight/size of your clothes. Don't let anyone ever tell you differently girl. You are beautiful inside and out.